Saturday, November 14, 2009

New Dog Rexland


After my dog Spencer died, I went right to the internet to search for a new dog. I ended up on Adopt-A-Pet  looking at hundreds of homeless pooches. I found this incredible dog whose name was also Spencer. He looked just like my other dog and was in need of a good family. I quickly filled out the paperwork and adopted him through the Howlin 4 Spirit Cares.

Denise, his foster Mom, brought him to a rest area on the NJ Turnpike in this van along with 15 other puppies. My boy Rex is 1 1/2 years old (so they say). I approached the van wondering what my dog was doing in the van. I could not help to think about my last dog and became slightly sad thinking about him. I also worried about what would happen if I did not like the new dog. I knew that he was a Jack Russell and was assured that he was a nice "little fellow". I was not first in line so I had to wait for my turn to meet my new boy. I walked around the back of the van to see if I could spot Rex and there he was in the cage with two retriever puppies. The little dogs were jumping on his head and Rex simply sat looking very sullen after his trip from North Carolina. I petted him through the cage and felt my eyes welt up with joy after great anticipation. We finally got him out of the cage and had a chance to bond with him while others settled their business. Jonathan and I are very happy with our dog, Rexland. He ended up costing $200.00 and had all of his shots, was neutered and had a microchip for identification. 

Rexland will be taking over Spencer's job at Rabbet Gallery in New Brunswick, NJ. He comes to work everyday and seems to enjoy the commute. He is very photogenic and quiet. Unlike Spencer, Rex rarely barks.

We are so happy with our new dog. I shutter to think about my Rex being turned out in the woods to fend for himself. Is is so sad to think of him wondering around without a home. It is very fulfilling to know we rescued Rex and gave him a loving home.











No comments:

Post a Comment